Thanks for your interest in volunteering your time and talent!
There are many different and important ways that you can get involved at Ozone House. Whether you are interested in crisis intervention, or just want to help out around the house, we will work with you to develop a volunteer opportunity that matches your skills and interests.
Crisis Line Volunteer
Ozone House is always seeking compassionate volunteers to become Crisis Line counselors. Crisis Line volunteers listen and provide critical information, referrals, and crisis intervention to youth and families struggling with such issues as family conflict, runaway episodes, homelessness, suicide, abuse and neglect, domestic violence, sexual orientation and gender identity, and other crises.
Crisis Line Counselors complete a 40-hour training on two Wednesday evenings and two consecutive weekends. Once completed, volunteers commit to one 4-hour shift per week for 6+ months.
Become a Crisis Line Volunteer! Here's How:
1. Click here to download and complete the volunteer application. Return the application to Cara Canady at email@example.com.
2. Sign up to attend an interview. The next round of interviews will be held in May 2013. Please e-mail Cara Canady at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your interview.
3. Get invited to training. After the interview, you may be invited to continue on to the crisis line training if Ozone House seems like the right fit for you.
4. Get the training manual. Ozone House will supply bound manuals at a suggested donation of $10.
5. Attend the volunteer trainings! All of the training dates are mandatory and required for you to be eligible to volunteer on the Crisis Line. The next Crisis Line training will be held in September 2013.
Can't make the Crisis Counselor time commitment but have talent to share? Perhaps you're a professional painter or a landscape designer. We are often looking for volunteers to share their expertise for one-time projects or large mailings and Ozone House events. Contact Cara Canady at email@example.com or at (734) 662-2265 ext. 18 to discuss potential opportunities!
Youth Making an Impact (YMI)
YMI is a youth volunteer group organized through Ozone House. We are dedicated to creating opportunities for youth to contribute to our community. If you are under 18 and would like to get involved with YMI events, contact Colleen O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 2013 Crisis Line Training participants outside the Ozone House Drop-In Center
“It is our inherent desire to help youth lead safer, fuller, and more vibrant lives that sets Ozone House apart and makes us great at what we do.”
Colleen O’Brien, Youth Development Director
© 2009 Ozone House. All rights reserved. Site design + dev: PDCo.