SpeakOut is a youth driven group that combats youth homelessness within Washtenaw County and stands to uphold the voice of young people by empowering youth in their housing, financial, and personal battles. This goal is achieved actively by theatrical, political, educational, and social awareness.
SpeakOut has performed at :
- Voices of Ozone House play Debut at Ypsilanti Freight House
- Michigan Network for Youth Conference
- An Evening with Ozone House gala (2017 and 2018))
- University of Michigan School of Social Work class
- University of Michigan EnspiRED annual charity Fashion Show
SpeakOut has Spoken/held workshops or discussions at:
- An Evening with Ozone House
- University of Michigan Social work class
- Advocacy day
- Child Abuse Awareness of America Fundraiser
- The Michigan Juvenile Justice Youth Advisory Board
To schedule a SPEAKOUT presentation, please contact Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help now?
Support and resources for youth and those who care about youth are available any time – day or night – please CALL the Crisis Line at 734-662-2222 anytime, day or night or Text “Ozone” to (734) 662-2222 M-TH 10am-7pm and Friday 10am-4pm, or click here to CHAT M-TH 10am-7pm and Friday 10am-4pm.
All Ozone House services are free, voluntary, and confidential.
SpeakOut has worked with the following politicians:
- U.S. Congresswoman Debbie Dingell
- State Representative Adam Zemke
SpeakOut has participated in advocacy work in:
- Lansing, Michigan
- Washington D.C.
SpeakOut meets at:
Ozone House Drop-In Center
102 N. Hamilton, Ypsilanti, MI
(1 block from bus station)