We are thrilled to report that construction of our new home is officially underway!
Visions and plans for our “forever home” have been in the works for over 10 years, and we are on track to open the doors at 1600 North Huron River Drive in Ypsilanti by the end of 2019. Read press release here.
A 3D rendering of our new house.
Help us get to the finish line!
Our new home is made possible by YOU, our community. As of today, we are 94% of the way to our $5M goal. Thank you for helping us ensure that we can continue to support youth and families in crisis for the next 50 years and beyond. If you donate today, your dollars will be matched by a local organization!
$5,000 furnishes our family therapy offices, providing a safe space for families to heal.
$2,500 provides seating for our lobby to warmly welcome youth and families in crisis.
$1,000 furnishes one of our two dining rooms for youth in our housing programs.
$500 buys a computer for our job training lab.
$250 provides pots, pans and dishes for one of our three training kitchens.
$150 supplies equipment for our indoor and outdoor recreational spaces.
$50 provides sheets and a comforter for a bed.
For more information about making a donation, or if you would like a personal conversation about our campaign, please contact Allie at email@example.com or 734-662-2265.
Enhancements and Outcomes
As a result of our new site, we will serve more young people, and serve them better, in a space whose quality matches the quality of the services we provide. We anticipate the following outcomes from this project:
- The new home will have 16 private bedrooms with the ability to comfortably sleep up to 32 youth every night, which represents a 150% increase in beds available for our community’s 2,000+ homeless youth. Today we have 12 beds and 5 shared bedrooms.
- An on-site job training and education center, which will allow us to best prepare youth for long-term success and stability. We have been formally offering employment training since 2010, but we have never had a dedicated space in which to offer it, so this new site will significantly enhance both the quality of our job skills training efforts and the number of youth we can serve in the program.
- Dedicated therapy offices that provide a healing atmosphere. Right now, our therapists are doubled up and have to seek out empty offices in which to meet with clients, meaning that young people do not meet with their therapist in a predictable or consistent environment. Our therapists will also be able to serve more young people as a result of having their own private offices.
- Outdoor and indoor recreational spaces that promote health and wellness. It is well-documented that there are not enough safe, accessible community recreational spaces in Ypsilanti for young people, so these recreational spaces address a significant community need.
- Laundry and shower facilities for youth in crisis, older than 18, which we cannot easily accommodate in our current sites.
- A community room for hosting events for youth and families, as well as trainings, seminars and other small community gatherings. At present, we do not even have a space large enough to hold our entire staff or board of directors, even though we are regularly called on as experts in the community to provide training on topics including crisis intervention, trafficking, positive youth development, and trauma-informed care.